Gamification in the Classroom
Post on 12-Aug-2015
- 1. Gamication in the Classroom Scott M. Haselwood Email: email@example.com
- 2. haselwoodmath.wordpress.com @TeachFromHere
- 3. What if your students could fail and not be penalized?
- 4. Use mastery learning to maximize the potential of your students
- 5. Use gaming mechanics to change the climate of your classroom.
- 6. Instructions are short and learning is through exploration - no penalty for mistakes
- 7. Students have choice in what/how they learn.
- 8. From 3D Gamelabs
- 9. Give badges for specic accomplishments: completing a series of tasks scoring well on test/quiz successfully completing a unit attendance goals taking a risk do not make everything a badge
- 10. Give your students freedom as the learn: provide alternative forms to learn accept alternative forms of assignments allow choices between similar assignments
- 11. These are not grades: show a top 10 or 15 list for all classes combined give points for accomplishing different tasks let students pick a username - if you can
- 12. Give students an overall vision: students know exactly where they are in the course students get feedback as they advance
- 13. Let students buy items for class: homework/quiz pass test redo teamwork items special teacher perks
- 14. Earn XP for doing what you are supposed to do: completing assignments taking notes nishing a quiz/test attendance use to level up/for currency
- 15. User Challenges: pair students who struggle with students who get it and give them a collaborative task allow students to compete against each other
- 16. Build this in your school LMS Build this in Google Class Build this in Google Apps for Education Go old fashioned with manila folders You decide what you are going to use and how to best use it in your class
- 17. Be the match that will light a re Be amazeballs
View more >